Don’t Yell at Your Startup Because It’s Not a Unicorn
As a startup founder, you know that things don’t always go according to plan. There will be times when you feel like yelling at your startup because it’s not a unicorn yet.
But then you remember the quote from Don Quixote written by Cervantes in 1605: “You don’t yell at a bud because it’s not a flower. It will be.”
This quote reminds you that everything starts small. A bud doesn’t become a flower overnight, and a startup doesn’t become a unicorn overnight. It takes time, patience, and nurturing for anything to grow and develop.
So, the next time you feel like yelling at your startup because it’s not a unicorn yet, take a deep breath and remember this quote. Be patient and understanding, and believe that your startup will eventually become a success.
Here are some specific ways that startup founders can apply this quote to their businesses:
1. Don’t expect perfection.No one is perfect, and no startup is perfect. There will be mistakes along the way. Don’t expect your startup to be perfect overnight.
2. Be patient with growth. It takes time for startups to grow and develop. Don’t get discouraged if things don’t happen overnight.
3. Nurture your potential. Every startup has potential, but it takes time and effort to develop that potential. Don’t neglect your startup’s potential.
4. Believe in yourself. The most important thing is to believe in yourself and your startup. If you believe in yourself, you’ll be more likely to succeed.
If you can remember the quote from Don Quixote and apply it to your startup, you’ll be well on your way to success.
Here are some additional tips for startup founders who want to be more patient and understanding:
1. Set realistic expectations. Don’t expect your startup to become a unicorn overnight. Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and your startup.
2. Celebrate your successes. When you achieve a goal, take some time to celebrate your success. This will help you stay motivated and positive.
3. Don’t compare yourself to others.Every startup is different. Don’t compare yourself to other startups. Focus on your own startup and your own goals.
4. Ask for help when you need it. There’s no shame in asking for help when you need it. There are many resources available to startup founders, such as mentors, advisors, and business organizations.
Remember, everyone starts somewhere. Don’t be too hard on yourself or your startup. Just keep learning and growing, and don’t give up on your dreams.